Sunday, September 21, 2008

Helloooooo Three Weeks Later!

Warning: The following blog is slightly childish and reminiscent of a scene from Napoleon Dynamite. Reader discretion is advised.

Yeah man, I've been slacking on the blogging. My brain is becoming more and more full of legal things that I don't understand, therefore clouding my thoughts and hampering my creative genius (except for right now, when I'm 100% full of crap).

Memphis is still good. Finding my way around more. A little more than a week ago I had a bout with homesickness (seriously, you think that would've happened a week after my parents left me here), but I'm fine now. More earth shattering, I finally wised-up and realized that that someone who I just couldn't get over, was truly as asshole (sorry for the foul language, but there's no other way around it). My low point and time of epiphany came when I was sitting in the library, writing him a stupid facebook message since his phone was broken and he wasn't responding to me anyway, and I realized that he created one of those gay "my phone is broken, need your numbers" groups and managed to ask every rando and her brother to join. Except for me. Sure, seems like a small thing, but when you're heart has been on a roller coaster for 7 months and you've allowed someone to treat you like his dirty little secret, and you find yourself silently crying in the girls' bathroom over something as trivial as a Facebook group invite, you realize that it's time to act like the almost 23-year old woman future attorney that you are, and take control of your life. I decided I could let him continue to jerk me around as he saw fit, or I could take control, let him know that I was moving on, and believe the words that were coming out of my very own mouth. So I did just that. Didn't hear anything from him after that. Until tonight when he decides to text me with something completely benign, probably fishing for some sort of ego boost. Sorry buddy, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Maybe it's time you just stopped barking altogether.

Sorry for that completely high school diary entry. Moving on.

Exciting news though! The Husband Hunt (kidding) is looking up! Someone completely unexpected kind of "came into my life" recently. Things are very preliminary, and I'm not gonna say much or get my hopes up, but I'm very interested to see what happens. Cause he's kind and considerate and etc. and straight-up gorgeous. Bonus: he's also straight. *Fist pump* Basically I can't make any real assessments yet, but I'm excited. And scared. Just go with it Amy, go with it.

So yeah. Besides law, those are the main things running through my head right now. Superficial and juvenile, I know. But in the words (or shall I say lyrics?) of Britney Spears, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman."

Oops. I did it again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Again, another fabulous blog from Amy! Clever, sassy, sarcastic and so brilliant!! :)