Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nothing Good Happens After Midnight; Hence, This Blog...

I never write anything about any sort of essential Memphis experience. Look for a revamped blog layout in the next 6-18 months.

I figured out what I want this week. I also figured out that I'll probably never have it. My mom tells me that's why I want it. The only problem is I've had my heart set there for over a year now and it won't go away. Currently distracting myself with substitutes and telling my feelings on the subject to a yellow legal pad.

Vowing to be more productive is backfiring, I think. I put in 2 really good days of work this week, and then I was worn out. Maybe I need to do things in moderation? I think I'm a completely worthless law student and maybe I'm here so I'll learn I'm not supposed to be here. I still can't CREAC correctly. This brief is going to be a disaster. I've considered just staying awake for a few days straight just to get caught up. Too bad that won't happen.

I miss Knoxville. I miss UT. I miss my Knoxville friends and being ridiculously happy. I'm looking forward to Spring Break so I can go home and see people.

Kelly and I just got two guinea pigs, James and Jim. They chase each other around all the time, so I bet they're gay. They hide in this sparkly pink plastic igloo. Then again, I bought them the sparkly pink plastic igloo, so maybe I should quit my bitchin'. Leave it to me to have a couple of queer pets. Story of my life.

I've been having the same dream for months now that I'm taking a set of undergraduate classes while I'm in law school. The problem is I get so busy with law school that I forget to do my homework for my Spanish and English classes so I'm never prepared for class. I also show up incredibly late and somehow manage to forget to attend one of the classes, taught by my poetry professor junior year. I also forget to buy the books for the classes, which are thin and yellow or red, so I end up BS-ing my way through each class. I had this dream twice this week. Someone interpret it for me and tell me how to fix it.

Some days I feel really old, some days I feel immature and young. It's like Britney said, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman." It's one of those awkward transition years. I'm going out on a limb here and deeming this the third most awkward year of my life, coming in behind 5th grade and freshman year of college. Now that's saying something.

Troubling things about Memphis? Paternity Test Tuesdays on K97, and the radio ads "Chill, Don't Kill." Still, we have Elvis, Beale Street, and Bar-be-que; things even out.

That was dismal. That was much needed. I'm off now to go make dilemmanade.

No comments: