Wednesday, March 4, 2009

As I Lay Brief-Writing: My Faulkner Stream of Consciousness Blog

You're right. They're all stream-of-consciousness. So be it.

I'm tired of establishing that immigrants do not have a well-founded fear of persecution for the purposes of this brief.

I wish I could unsubscribe from certain Facebook statuses, mainly the ones by college-educated people who misuse my beloved apostrophe on a day-to-day basis. I also hate when people don't proofread. It takes a literal second.

Today I realized I'm am pop-culturally irrelevant. I was running to Soulja Boy's "Crank dat" and realized that I don't remember how to "superman dat hoe." This is Memphis, for cryin' out loud! I also received an email that one of my friends would like to keep up with me via Twitter. I first thought it was either pornographic or something for hummingbirds. Then I saw that people updated Facebook via Twitter. I still don't know what it is exactly, but I think it is technologically related.

I'm ELATED to be in Knoxville in a few days. After rendezvous-ing with the fam and babysitting my little "babe" Stephen, I'm going to spend as much time on UT's campus as possible. I would like: sweet-potato fries on Wine Night at Sunspot; to skip down the pedestrian walkway and jump all over the UT seal; get an escort to the new SK floor in Laurel and scream down the hallway; do Sudoku in the Daily Beacon in the ampitheathre; Facebook on a computer in The Commons; eat greasy pizza at Smokey's; pass Wayne Chism on my way into Humanities; have myself surgically removed from half-court of Thompson-Boling; drink a SoCo and Lime at Half Barrell; and yes, even take the 90-something steps up The Hill. I miss that place like nobody's business. So...if anybody wants to help me make those dreams come true, you know how to find me.

Ok, back to the brief. I have nothing more to say.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I miss UT too...I want to join you on wine night...

Josh Gibbs said...

Dear Girl,
You are lovely, even if you don't know what twitter is.

twitter.com/jkgibbs

Unknown said...

Oh Amy I felt the same feelings of excitement and joy when returning home to Colorado from Knoxville. Going to all my favorite places and planning out my ever move for the week I was there. There is just something special about going home after feeling like you've been trying to conquer the world for a few grueling months! I hope you have a glorious spring break filled with adult beverages, maybe some dirty dancing and soak in all the orange that is Knoxville!! xo

Tara said...

hooker