Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hey Now, Hey Now (this is what dreams are made of...)

I had a terrible nightmare about cats last night. Cats of the domestic variety. Not the Broadway variety. My family moved back into our old house because that was the only place the refrigerator would work. We lived with our dog Zoe and six mean cats. They kept jumping on my head. Then I went to the mall and ran into my boyfriend, who was running around the mall in a suit playing some sort of fantasy WOW-esque game with his twenty-something year old friends who looked 17.

Sean, I've got to start tuning out the talk about orc-shamans and blood elves. I'll just think of Edward Cullen. And the Indian werewolf kid. Nod and smile. ;)

I just don't think the office is my place. I've made an art out of coffee making and oatmeal eating. And I can use paperclips like nobody's business. Oh, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Have I mentioned lately that I HATE making decisions? I'm hoping an answer will fall out of the sky. When I least expect it. Just like boyfriends are supposed to.

Dear Lord Jesus (yeah, I call him by two names, what of it?), I'd like to phone a friend. Yes. The prophet Daniel. To interpret my dreams. No. Not the one about the cats. Yes, there was that time with the lions. The recurring dream I had during law school. The one about never showing up to English and Spanish classes I was supposed to pass to graduate. The one where I was too busy with law classes to do my homework and show up. Does that mean I have unfinished business there? Oh. It means I shouldn't eat before bed? Gotcha.

Strip me of my pride and need for prestige. Patience is a virtue. Now back to my receipts...

1 comment:

Coyote Waits said...

love the use of intertextuality.