In my previous post, I made the statement "Most of all I'm embarrassed. ... that my parents have to make up stuff when people ask about the big law school student." Today after reading my post, my parents informed me that they do not make up stuff when people ask about school. They do not lie. "We're proud of you no matter what, kid," my dad assured me. "Lawyer, teacher, restaurant waitress..." "Let's not go that far," my mother interjected.
I told my parents that sometimes I exaggerate things for comedic or dramatic effect, i.e., the entire posting about Jim, my ambiguously gay guinea pig. My sister informed me that this is, in effect, lying. Sigh. Blog-o-sphere, they don't get us. Siiigggghhhh.
So, just to prevent further misunderstandings, I'd like to post my second disclaimer.
All statements and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the blogger, and not necessarily those of persons associated with the blogger. While stories and situations are based on actual people and events, they are not entirely true and/or accurate. However, any resemblance to actual people and events is purely on purpose. Names have been changed and/or kept the same to protect the innocent and/or completely moronic. I would also like to disclaim all warranties, express or limited, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, just in case.
Further, please remember that my parents are not liars, and my mother was just joking when she made the comment "let's not go that far." All in good fun, blog-o-sphere. All in good fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Just for the record Amy, I think that along with "Lawyer, teacher, restaurant waitress..." should come "Famous author", because my friend you have a gift! Or perhaps if not famous author, famous blogger? I could read this all day!
Post a Comment