- I have to pee.
- I want my peanut butter and jelly sandwich now.
- I want to go to bed (2:00 pm).
- That girl kissing that guy is just gross. Now go put on some shoes.
- I can't wait to go home and watch Medium reruns on Lifetime tonight.
- I love Sean.
- I want a kitty.
- I have to pee.
In other news, I flew to Buffalo, NY over Fall Break to visit Tara, where we had the Essential Fall Experience. I hadn't flown in about six years, and this was the first time I had flown by myself, and I felt SO grownup. Granted, I texted my mom every time I got to my gate, boarded a plane, landed, got off the plane, etc., but still. This was a big step for 24 year old me. Buffalo is a place full of weird people. Tara always talks about how much she hates it there, but I thought she was just being the whiny brat that she is, but I was wrong. It really is THAT terrible. We went to a bar and a guy came up and asked me if I was okay because I looked like I was going to throw-up. Thank you very much, Casanova, but if I were going to vomit, I would have found your car and thrown up on it (If I have actually ever thrown up on or in your car, that was just a coincidence. It doesn't mean I don't like you. Stuff happens.). I also contracted the flu while in Buffalo. One of Tara's other friends contracted the flu a couple weeks later when she visited. Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, aside from the douchey people in Buffalo and almost dying from the flu, it was a blast. Tara, I just can't quit you, baby.
After that trip I took a week off to suffer from the flu, cried over missing my mom the week after that, said something dumb in Visual Rhetoric about a fish smoking a joint, then realized I was the only person laughing at my joke, then left the room because I was reading a funny website and almost wet myself laughing and didn't want the teacher to know I stopped paying attention. So yeah, it's been pretty uneventful.
I am excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas, only it reminds me of just how broke I am. I always tell my extended family that they don't have to buy me anything since I can't buy them anything, but they never listen. This in turn makes me feel like a character straight out of a Jack Black movie. I mean, my 21 year old cousin is engaged, my sister is thin and pretty and smart and a cheerleader, my other cousins are barely out of diapers, and then there's me, Amy looking like Jack Black in Orange County, sitting in her underwear with like a bag of Cheetos or something, who pretty much got kicked out of law school and never buys Christmas gifts, shows up for Birthdays, or returns phone calls. I also usually end up joking about one of my gay ex boyfriends too. Luckily, this year, I have my secret weapon for success, Sean Day. "Ooo, Amy is in a functional relationship with a heterosexual male who is a future attorney. Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!" This will be a huge improvement over the last holiday season, when I was at my Aunt Lori's house crying into the Turkey over Brandon, knowing I was about to royally screw up law school exams.
And the beat goes on.


1 comment:
This just made my day. THANK YOU, P
Post a Comment