Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hum Drum and a Little Glum

It makes absolutely perfect sense that when you get burnt out on reading and briefing that you would blog. I'm too hyped up on caffeine and stress to be able to sleep. Today was hellish. Tomorrow will be worse. Dear Lord Jesus please help me through it!

First things first. Friday I had the best bona-fide date of my life. Seriously. Again, not saying too much, but I was so appreciative and flattered that somebody put thought and creativity into taking me out. He even calls me. He even admits he likes me. He has Jesus in his heart and is just downright fantastic. He looks great in pictures with me. He might just be a keeper. I hope he feels the same.

School is hard. It is really hard. It's like a marathon. I'm 1/4 of the way through being a 1L, and I'm running out of steam. My head hurts. I have to take Excedrin Tension Headache to make it through the day. I can't get to sleep and I can't get out of bed in the mornings. We have a new contracts professor since our old one is sick. We are 8 classes behind the other section. I'm worn out, and it's only Tuesday.

I love Torts, but the cases make me angry. I still think Marvin Katko deserved to be shot by that spring-loaded shot gun, no matter what the court said. He shouldn't have been able to sue the Brineys for trying to protect their property. But that's only my opinion. Bleh.

I'm ready for the election to be over with. I really hate the commentary on Facebook. No matter what happens, I think we'll all be alright. The Lord will take care of us. I will not move to Canada. God bless America. Let's have a sense of humor about things and not fight each other. I read too many arguments in judicial opinions each day, and I don't feel like pitting my crap opinion against your crap opinion, so don't ask for it.

Gotta make it through Thursday. Gotta do a decent job on that memo. Then I'm going to watch Silence of the Lambs, because that's what heartless lawyers-to-be do. They watch horror movies so that they'll appreciate not literally being eaten for breakfast, just figuratively.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Um, excuse me. Date?! I'm pretty sure I need to hear about this, as soon as you've come up for air out of the mountain of cases and whatnot. Way to go!

Tara said...

Hmmmm, you sound a little disoriented. Have you taken your multivitamin?

Amy said...

Morgan-yes, a date!

Tara-eff you, hoe