Well it's official. I'm now a 1L. I'm now officially nauseated.
My last week of freedom was quite beautiful. On Tuesday my bank account became pregnant with excess financial aid (I had to use pregnant in a non-baby sense to see what it looked like. It looks ugly. And fat.), my new phone was delivered, I got a new mailbox key, and I finally got all my mail. Yippee! I got to catch up with Kari (a fellow KHS graduate who just so happens to be a 1L at UofM with me, talk about nuts! Oh yeah, and we have the same birthday and undergraduate major. It's uncanny) and I bought a new backpack that isn't stained by a hot pink sharpie (OMG Amy, is that blood on your bag?), and watched some good TV (I appreciate TV when it's not all I have to do). Paranormal State was great this week, as was the Secret Life of the American Teenager. Oh the drama! I then went to Beale Street and spent all my money on booze and transvestite prostitutes. I now have syphillus, but I had a good time.
So Thursday was the big Orientation day, and it was pretty good. Exhausting and a little nerve-racking, but good. Our 1L class is 59% male and 41% female, so I'd say my chances of finding a closeted homosexual male to date before he comes out are pretty good. I spent the most obscene amount of money on books and then I went home and did homework for the following day.
Friday was better, and then Kari and I attempted to go to the reception downtown for the 1Ls, but I thought it was an arrive-at-your-leisure sort of thing, and we couldn't find the dang place, so we were a good 75 minutes late, just in time to see that the food was gone and so was the wine. We promptly left and ate Chinese food.
I've spent the rest of the weekend organizing pretty much everything I own and playing with my new OneNote software (totally awesome), and today I did my work for tomorrow. It was like the first time in 3 years that I've completed a whole assignment before it was due, so it's safe to say that orientation put the fear of God in me. Yes ma'am.
In other news, I've concluded that Memphis drivers are a danger to themselves and others. I almost got hit twice today by U-Turners and swervers. Luckily, no one was harmed. I should be back in Ktown for a brief stint over Labor Day weekend. I'm going to drive by Neyland Stadium and weep. I'm excited to see my family, and hopefully I can see anybody else who notices and cares that I'm in town. It's also a definite plan to own Chad Elmore in The Office trivia game and watch him cry like a little girl afterwards. That'swhatshesaid. Tee hee. Tee hee.
So the first day of real school is tomorrow, and I'm sooo excited/feeling like vomiting up my guts because I'm so nervous. I'm afraid I'll accidentally plagiarize on the first day after being 15 minutes late to class and that they'll have to kick me out because the Bar will never admit me (and we're talking about THE Bar here, not A bar, like Cool Beans or Silky's or anything like that. That type of bar always welcomes with open arms)!!! I tried to get minimal sleep last night so I can sleep tonight without anxiety. Please pray that I am not caught in some freak traffic accident tomorrow/eaten by a law professor for breakfast.
So here goes nothin'. Famous last words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment