First it was Facebook and Myspace, then the iPod, and now the blog. I'm the classic bandwagon jumper.
I've been in Memphis for almost a whole two weeks, and I realize I've returned very few phone calls and have given few of you a sufficient update on what all has been going on! I'm gonna give this blog thing a shot since starting next Monday my time and energy is going to be very limited, and there will be no way I can keep up with the number of people I need to! Maybe a weekly post will suffice? We shall see.
So far, things here in Memphis have gone very well. My first month's rent was about $300 less than I had planned for (thank the Lord), I have a really cool room mate, and aside from the breakdown I had in the University of Memphis bookstore with my parents (you try trading in a lifetime of orange and white for royal blue), I haven't shed a tear over being away from home just yet. I'm sure it's coming. Still, I haven't been able to open my mailbox (the key just won't work--maintenance has it under control), I'm pretty much broke until sometime next week, and my phone decided to give out on me (I have to scream for anyone to hear me--not fun). Just a few minor setbacks.
So what does this native Knoxvillian think of West Tennessee? In the words of my friend Alex, it's a sweltering hell pit. The heat and humidity are positively unbelievable, so much so that even the pool water at the apartment is warm. Thankfully, it's been below 90 degrees the past two days, so I'm a happy camper. I really like the area I'm living in. The apartment is great, I have just about anything I could possibly need within a mile or two of my complex, and there's a ton to do. It's definitely a little more colorful here--not the same ol', same ol'. I think I like it.
I have had tons of free time since I've gotten settled, which has been really good for me. I feel like since Orientation last summer that I've been pretty much non-stop, and this has definitely given me a chance to catch my breath and get ready for the next phase of my life! During the past two weeks I've watched a ton of TLC's What Not To Wear, Forensic Files, Suburban Secrets, and my personal favorite, Paranormal State (Chad, it's just not the same without you!). I'm basically bored out of my mind and ready to start school. Imagine that.
There's so much more to tell, but I have to focus on the genius kids on Oprah right now. Maybe more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment